• Interdependent World
• The Bible
• Proclamation, accommodation and syncretism
• U.S. megalomania, economic and cultural imperialism
• Economic greed and consumerism
• Cultural, spiritual and religious relativism
• The Church’s identity and the meaning of that identity: can the organism known as the Body of the Risen Christ coexist with the institutional church?
• Education of clergy and especially education of laity
• Ecumenism – can we mainline churches (Protestant and Roman Catholic) live, study, talk and work, pray and worship with those not like us church bodies?
• Taking academic theology to the streets, as some already have been doing
Tuesday, May 27, 2003
10 theological issues...
(my reflections about) 10 theological issues facing theologians in the U.S.: