Friday Five: Yuletide Favorites
This week's RevGalBlogPals Friday Five asks about our Yuletide faves:
After jumping in with both feet for my first play last week, this time is a washout.
For this mid-December Friday Five, let's explore some Yuletide favorites.
1) It's a Wonderful Life—Is it? Do you remember seeing it for the first time?
I've never seen it either first or subsequent times (not a movie fan)
2) Miracle on 34th Street—old version or new?
I saw a scratchy version of the old one as a little kid or maybe that was in junior high, but wasn't aware of an updated one.
3) Do you have a favorite incarnation of Mr. Scrooge?
Don't know who you're referring to...
4) Why should it be a problem for an elf to be a dentist? I've been watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for years now, and I still don't get it.
Another one I've never seen, but I'll attempt a lame logical answer by suggesting any elf's being vertically challenged means they'd have lots of problems reaching the patient.
5) Who's the scariest character in Christmas specials/movies?
- The Bumble
- The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, Muppet Version
- That Mean Magician Who Tries to Melt Frosty
Not familiar with any of the above...sob, sob, sigh!
The only Christmas special I know (and yes, make a point of watching it every year and really love) is Charlie Brown Christmas. No one scary there!
I cannot believe I'm posting this on my theology blog!