RevGalBlogPals Favorites Friday 5
(original post was in red, so I opened with,) "Today I'm writing in red to honor Wear Red Friday! Songbird suggested this easy yet wonderful topic for today."
1. Beethoven's music: I particularly love listening to symphonies #1, 2, 4 and 7 and playing the piano sonatas—27 of the 32 total so far. Oh, and Cello Sonata No. 3 in A Major, Opus 69. More than a dozen years ago another music-lover gave me a video of late greats Glenn Gould and Leonard Rose playing the piece together and I've since found it on YouTube—YAY!!!
2. Color! Inventing new color palettes for design projects, home improvements and what I'm going to wear today is one of the most soul-enhancing things ever, anywhere. On the other hand, despite my love of playing with new possibilities, I cannot count the times I've loaded a palette from a previous project into a new one because I was so in love with it and figured it'd work well once again.
3. Cats: fur, purr, attitude and catitude.
4. The hot desert: it always strips me down to essentials, restores my perspective and reminds me life and resurrection ultimately always prevail, even when we don't or can't take time to seek it out; for me the desert is a constant sign of grace and yes, also a means of grace...
5. Enjoying a feast of food and conversation with friends, something I haven't experienced literally for years, but I've had a few meals with acquaintances and when the mood, flavors and conversations flow without fear, we've been given a foretaste of the Feast to Come, amen!