I really really like clean, versatile, readable and reliable Helvetica and its cognates.
as I noted in one of my commonplace books:
• brought to las americas in the mid-16th century by Spanish conquistadores
• horses have that *ephemeral quality* — horses have heart!
• Nez Perce horse—stallions and ahkal-teke
• 1995 Appaloosa mares: "a Palouse Horse"
• Developed by the Nez Perce Indian tribe, the Appaloosa are Native American horses.• Reykjavik, 5th gait—*TOLT* = slower, fast running walk
• Their spotted coat comes in five precise patterns: blanket, snowflake, leopard, marble, and frost.
•White settlers originally referred to them as the "Palouse horse," after the Palouse River that runs through the states of Washington and Idaho. Eventually the name turned to Appaloosa.
• quarter horses from Virginia: 1/4 mile!
• clear cutting—even age management, "skudder" and "wedge"