from rev gal blog pals—Friday Five: What's New?
for today's Fun Friday Five, Songbird asks us, "Please share with us five things you like *especially* when they are new," so in growing green of Ordinary Time, here's mine:
1. freshly turned garden soil, with its smell (scent? aroma?) familiar yet fresh along with awareness that this dirt literally is part of the primal stuff of creation and full of the beginnings tomorrows and the days that follow.
2. a new bar of just-unwrapped Dial soap.
3. a new spiral-bound notebook, always wide-ruled. Even when I'm not currently taking a class I usually have a notebook going and like a lot of people, cannot resist buying one when a fabulously designed cover beckons me.
4. painted furniture! Except for a few that have an actual quality wood or *other* finish, I've painted a dozen pieces I currently own—mostly old ones someone gave me or I paid very little for as well as a couple from the Unpainted Furniture on the Roof Store. They're a wide variety of colors and bright paint lets us in on a hint of the transformation a little change can bring.
5. a sunrise, especially a subtly hued sunrise, as old as this planet and as new as the surprising promise of another resurrection dawn.
6. a new box of Crayola 64s... though it's been a few years since due to my living the Pantone-Adobe life these days I don't go through a box every six months the way I used to, the smell, the expectation and the possibilities are endless, overwhelming and exciting.
I have an almost new box of Crayolas in my desk drawer. I need to go get a coloring book... because coloring is a great stress reliever for me!ReplyDelete
Great play...I painted a "lingerie chest" that I keep office supplies in, in a blue called "Pail". It's a while ago now so not new any longer but still lifts my spirits whenever I look at it.ReplyDelete
I am in complete agreement with the spiral bound notebook with a lovely cover! And I can SMELL the Dial soap :).ReplyDelete
Possibilities and scent-sations. Great play. I think I need some crayons.ReplyDelete
I feel the same way about Dove! I love the shape of the bar in my hand.ReplyDelete