As Songbird reminds us for reruns Friday 5 on Rev Gal Blog Pals, "...it's the season of reruns. ... In honor of this annual Time Warp, please share five things worth a repeat. These could be books, movies, CDs, recipes, vacations, or even TV shows."
1. the beach—early morning, late afternoon, early evening; sun, sand, surf, picnics, maybe a book, a journal, a radio or iPod and for sure a vista to worlds across the Pacific Ocean and up the California Coast.
2. wearing fewer, lighter clothes—I love short skirts, colorful shirts and flip-flops, and almost always have a warm hoodie sweater or sweatshirt with me in case of cool breezes and because of invariably cooler evenings.
3. almost everywhere I've ever lived I've enjoyed summer concerts, whether seriously symphonic, orchestral pops, talent shows, folk, county or country fair specials, classic rock, solo or duo recitals downtown or anywhere (have I left anything out?). It's esp wonderful alongside the bay and particularly great on fireworks evenings.
4. getting settled into the long liturgical Ordinary Time, a.k.a. "Green Season" and appreciating again how it demonstrates and parallels our own growth in all areas of our life and how the use of green reminds us of our covenant with all creation.
5. more than the other three seasons, summer seems to make redemptively remembering the past and creatively dreaming about the future almost easy... thanks, Songbird!