For today's character for a day 5, Mary Beth asks, "What five characters would you switch places with for a day? I initially read this to mean characters in books, but hey...you can use plays, movies, comic strips, cartoons, anything you'd like. For bonus points, tell us WHY for each or some."
1. Anne of Green Gables! As urban as most of my life has been, I love her long skirts, long dresses, and the general prairie look and effect.
2. For a locale rather than a character, I love watching CSI Miami! It's a great show, but how fun to imagine myself in the non-crime, urban Miami settings.
3. I'll be Moses' sister Miriam dancing for joy in the desert (and wearing a long skirt, too)! I love how the desert strips us to essentials and heals us; of course the exodus narrative is part of our stories, too.
4. Wol in A A Milne's The House at Pooh Corner, etc. Such an astute observer who never minces words!
5. I want to be one of the humans on the cast of Sesame Street as a create-my-own character! The diverse, yet ever-changing urban setting still sets an example for living in community.