Again this month I'm joining Emily Freeman and Friends with What We Learned in January
Some of what I learned in January, some of what January taught me, experiences in January―learning experiences, maybe? Make that plain and simple January experiences.
1. El Palmar – Comida Salvadoreña – on New Year's Day, food so good the menu didn't need any English, and neither did the staff.
2. I lined out my ongoing practice of limiting and consolidating online and social media activity. It's pretty much where it needs to be now.
3. Second Sunday of the month Evensong at Saint-James-in-the-City (-on-Wilshire)—phenomenal vocal sounds in a lively space. Another step along the way of my reconciling some with Canterbury?
4. Blog pal Marci gave me Daring! as my star word for this year.
5.nothing like a gift of dozens of fresh juicy local citrus – orange, grapefruit, lemon – for all to enjoy.
6. Yo puedo hacer la transacción completa en español.
¡y lo hice!
7. Still loving teaching the Sunday morning class! I've been sitting underneath He Qi's Road to Emmaus painting from Luke 24:13-31 (one of my all-time signature scriptures) so I can see the clock.
8. I'm learning to trust nature and not resist sleep quite as much (nearly as much) as I naturally tend to do.
9. Finally, 02 February will be Candlemas, Imbolc, Saint Brigid's Day, Groundhog Day—we're halfway through winter. I've learned? I know! spring is on its way! yay!