December 2016 Highlights
• Been enjoying good eats including California grown Gala apples of New Zealand ethnic heritage, blackberries from Mexico... I tell myself Mexico's local, but who knows how far south they're from, what distance they've been trucked? Price has been perfect, succulence supreme! I don't have a picture, but along the way I had my very first ever Filipino-style Halo-Halo ice cream and fruit sundae-style concoction! Been savoring sandwiches several times each week from the very friendly Subway Shop with my salad bar selection of lettuce, spinach, cucumber, tomato, cilantro, onions, [green] bell pepper, [yellow] banana pepper that's always brightly super-fresh!
• Musical and performance style of Lessons & Carols on Advent 2 at the church I've been attending was one of those "good for my soul" events.
• On the Thursday before Christmas, an amazing Christmas Concert featuring some of the talent that's under the aegis of a publicist friend from church. Vocalists and pianist performed from a platform; this city was on the sidelines listening with the rest of the audience.
January 2017: Around Town
• Orange Tree in the churchyard has plump juicy fruit.
• On Sunday 15 January, a joint Episcopal-Lutheran MLK Day eucharistic celebration was homecoming for me. Even though it included Canterbury? Yes, because Canterbury also is a type of returning home.
• God has spoken, so let the church say... Amen! Andraé Crouch
• Afternoon of the last Sunday in January, aka Epiphany 4, a Meetup at LACMA and yes, the building was golden because I took these pics at the Golden Hour
February 2017: from Studio to Sanctuary to Street
• Here are two from the group of four recent psalm edits gave me results I liked a lot.
• How's this window exhibit on the Westwood side of the Armand Hammer Museum?
• The Hammer Museum courtyard's a perfect place to read, write, draw, surf, sit.
• On Transfiguration afternoon for Black History Month "An American Artistic Voyage Celebrating the African Diaspora."