Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch
A few years ago I got a copy of this recipe in the weekly supermarket ad; they credited Michelle Davis and all recipes, and so do I. This serves 18—minuscule portions, of course. My search for an image I legally could blog didn't yield any Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch, but unsplash happily served up this gorgeous collage from Brooke Lark.
• 1 cup white sugar
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
• 3 cups diced rhubarb
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 cup butter
• 1 cup rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, strawberries, and rhubarb. Place the mixture in a 9"x13" inch baking dish.
3. Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, butter, and oats until crumbly. You may want to use a pastry blender for this. Crumble on top of the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
4. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and lightly browned.